Lean Six Sigma Training Course
What is Lean Six Sigma?
Simply put, it is a skill set that consists of a comprehensive set of tools and a specific way of using them to reduce waste, improve productivity, reduce errors, and increase profit. In other words, it is a highly valued set of skills that many employers look for when hiring new employees or considering existing employees for promotion.
"Lean" is all about reducing waste and creating "flow". Six Sigma is all about reducing variation which in turn reduces defects. These complimentary methodologies form a powerful tool set for optimizing manufacturing and business processes across any organization.
Dr. Jon Padfield teaches these skills in a unique way that incorporate first-hand experience, best practices from multiple industries and rigorous academic research to create an engaging, effective and memorable learning experience.
LEAN SIX SIGMA (Green Belt)
The topics covered in this course include:
- Visualizing Processes
- Types of data and tools for data collection and graphic analysis (no statistics)
- Rethinking Processes - Efficiency vs. Effectiveness
- Lean Concepts (5S, Visual Management, 7 Wastes, Pull Systems, etc.)
- Problem solving with Six Sigma (the DMAIC model)
- Introduction to Error Prevention
- Value Stream Mapping
- Operational Definitions
- Fishbone Diagrams
- Broken Processes
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Critical to Quality (CTQs)
- Generating & Selecting Solutions
- Control Plans
- Certification Exam
Enrollment of our green belt training course may be tailored to your specific timing requirements.